|what are sophies?
This is a play off of Logan's "Master and Commander" comment to Rory for what she should call him in episode 5.03, Written in the Stars. Master and Commander is the first of Patrick O'Brian's novels about Jack Aubrey. Sophie is the square-rigged ship that Aubrey is Master and Commander of, and those who crew in her refer to themselves as Sophies. It is the ship where Jack Aubrey first makes his name. So, it is in this spirit that those who ship the Master and Commander and His Lady are known as: Sophies.
what are the rules?
The Basic Rules
1. This is now a bi-weekly contest, meaning that there are two full weeks for you to make your entries.
2. All icons must fit LJ standards (100x100 or smaller; = to < 40kb, in .jpg, .png, or .gif format only)
3. Your entry/entries must be anonymous up until voting time. If I see it posted before hand, your entry will be disqualified. No buts, ands or ifs.
4. No animations. Kind of defeats the purpose of the community, doesn’t it?
5. You must be a member of the community to participate
1. Every other Sunday, a picture, word/quote, icon base, subject/theme, lyric/song or a free for all will be posted.
2. Post your entries to the original challenge post, this will keep everything neat and tidy.
3. Your entries – make sure you are using a host that allows direct linking. Photobucket and ImageShack are highly recommended.
4. When submitting your entry/entries, make sure to include the url. Example:
5. All entries must be submitted by the challenge end date at the designated time.
6. All polls and comments will be screened and only the moderator will be able to view them. Anonymous votes will not be counted.
7. Voting ends that Sunday and a new challenge will be posted after winners are announced.
8. Awards are simple: 1st, 2nd and 3rd places will be awarded to those with the most points. Mod’s Choice and Honorable Mentions will only be given out when there are more than eight entries. :D
is there a schedule?
And just in case the wording is off up above, here’s a sample timeline:
Start: October 23, 2006
Duration: Two Weeks
Deadline: November 3, 2006
Results: November 5, 2006
New Challenge: November 5 or 6, 2006
fred_challenge / kayleestill / _thepleiades / heartbreakrsx / hsm100 / C.M.S. / p3_lims / gilmore_lims / easthigh_lims / mattczuchryfan / finallyxfound
The LIMS Listing
Those are just some though. ALl of our affiliates are listed here.
where do you get all the stuff?
All of our resources are listed here. If you have a new link to add to it, please let us know.
Overrides were provided by reversescollide with modifications and graphics by jillrenay
credits and such
Some changes have been made to LiveJournal, and we hope you enjoy them! As we continue to improve the site on a daily basis to make your experience here better and faster, we would greatly appreciate your feedback about these changes. Please let us know what we can do for you!
See a bug? Let us know! Here you can also share your thoughts and ideas about updates to LiveJournal
Your request has been filed. You can track the progress of your request at:
If you have any other questions or comments, you can add them to that request at any time.
Help us make LiveJournal better! Answer a few questions to share your experiences using LiveJournal with us. It won't take more than 10 minutes!Take a survey